Sunday 9 October 2011

YES i am terrified!!

"she's so self conscious
She has no idea what she's doing in college
That major that she majored in don't make no money"



and i still dont know how this man sees right through me , how he lyrically speaks to me.. 
and the verse that i now sit here and quote oh so shamelesly , speaks of me .
My name is Randy Nkwe , a 20 year old girl of African decent , from a country she takes great pride in Botswana .. i am an university student , oh so im supposed to be, i am majoring in Fine arts in theater , i have NO INTEREST whatsoever in learning about fine arts and eventually "making a living out of it" 
after four years??!! FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE ... i wil sit there with a degree in my hand that society oh so upholds "university is everything" right??! but really if a drag goin class now , wont i drag goin to work in 4 yours time?? ... is that the life i wanna live?? .. the unhappy "oh im supposed to go to work SHOOT ME DEAD NOW" life??! REALLY??!! i don think so ... i don wanna follow the system,, i dont wanna be part of the stastistic , i do wanna be part of "whats supposed to happen" ..
i want to wake up in the morning 4 years from now with achievement in my hands.. an achievement i will also take great pride in, an achievement thats not for society but MYSELF , i like to think of myself as a success story in progress, that i am yet to succeed , i am young and terrified ...
YES i am very much scared , YES i wanna drop out , ofcouse i am scared for my future , i dont know what it holds .. i dont know what stands between me and that college drop out! will i look back and go OH HOLLY SHIET!! I MESSED UP!??! will i then go back to my blog , (if i still know abou its existance then) and go how dare i mess up my own future like that?? OR will i look back and go , "for a very confused , AMBITIOUS soul you did well for yourself" ... ??!! 
YES I AM TERRIFIED ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment